Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How to Quilt: Learn to Quilt, Quilting Tips, Guide to Learn How to Make a Quilt

How to Quilt: Learn to Quilt, Quilting Tips, Guide to Learn How to Make a Quilt
Click Image To View Site


Have you been searching for a how to quilt resource specifically for beginner quilters that makes learning how to make a quilt really easy? And explains everything using words that you understand, not some special quilting jargon where you need to look up every single term?
How would you like to discover quilting tips and techniques that experienced and professional quilters use – methods that save time and make your quilt a true heirloom, not just another blanket? 

Do you have a collection of quilting books that were advertised as beginner books……and when you got them home, you discovered that they just added to your confusion?

If you’re like me, when I decided to start quilting, I had no idea how to begin. None of my friends made quilts…nobody in my family made quilts…the one quilt shop in my town didn’t have any books for beginning quilters…and I didn’t know about quilt guilds. There was no easy way for me to learn to quilt.

I wanted a book that was easy to understand and that had step-by-step instructions specifically written for a beginning quilter. I wanted somebody to take an easy quilt pattern, describe some of the simple color and design choices without turning it into a mind-boggling project, then walk me through the process – from telling me what supplies to buy to showing me how to bind a quilt – with pictures so I could both read and see how to make a quilt. (Kind of like those paint-by-the-numbers kits!)

I wanted a book that I could carry from my cutting table to my sewing machine as I was creating my masterpiece, to compare my results and make sure that I was doing it right.

I spent hours looking for a learn to quilt book for beginners; none was to be found. I started looking at individual quilt patterns – but because the instructions were locked securely inside the package, who could tell whether it would be easy or difficult to make, and whether the instructions would be complete?

Then there were books of patterns that included instructions. There were plenty of different quilt patterns in each book, but the instructions were pretty skimpy, and the pictures were only drawings of the finished pieces, not pictures of what each step looked like as you were cutting, sewing, or pressing.
Yes, I remember those frustrating days as if they were yesterday. Sometimes I can even laugh at the stupid mistakes I made as I learned. But why should you struggle?

Because I love to quilt so much, I want to make it easy for you to learn – so you stick with it, and don’t get discouraged and quit. So, I developed this simple process for learning to quilt.

You will make your first quilt with fun and ease by following the step-by-step, fully illustrated, instructions in A Beginner’s Guide to Quilting.
Did you know that there are a million little tips…  

Read more…

No comments:

Post a Comment